Wednesday, June 11

Political Evangelicals

Thanks to Derek for sharing this video.  Its a conversation held between three Evangelicals across the spectrum.  Well worth the look.  Definitely got me thinking.  And its how I met Shane Caliborne... interesting guy, got me thinking.

I would also, then, greatly encourage you to listen to the Covenant Life Church podcast, especially Josh Harris' talk on Jer 29, "Living in Babylon" 3/11/08... its totally free so there's no excuse.  Harris's talk, though un-intentioned by him, was a great follow-up to watching this video.  

Left me with one question:  Are we exiles?  Are we foreigners in a strange land?  And if so, what does that mean for us, especially in the political spectrum of the world in which we live?

I know, more than one question, I know, but worth the asking, in my head.  

I've planted my garden.  I got married and have two kids, so I'm doing ok living in this world waiting for God to take me home.  I've been wondering whether or not we should vote.  Should we vote? I know, its our duty as a citizen, but really, how good a citizen am I?  Am I allowing democracy to shape my faith and priorities, or is my faith shaping the democracy I live in?  

I dunno yet.  

No comments: