Friday, June 6

Huntington, Part deux













Joel, Tyler (Joel's roommate) and I went out for a night on the town.  Being that its Huntington, there was nothing to do, so we went to the movies and saw the new Indiana Jones flick.  Well, we had a good time, and it had very little to do with the movie.    












Note on the fauna... there are black squirrels!  Only in myth and in bedtime tales have I heard of them.  I tried to catch this one, but I was then attacked by a bee (Thank-you Rusty, for trying to get my attention, but failing to notice the trouble I was in!).  












So, just how flat is Indiana?  Take a look at this picture.  You can actually see the curve of the earth in the background!  Those aren;t mountains, but a farmhouse 23 miles away!  OK, maybe not that far, but I think you get the idea.  If it had been corn season, there would've been nothing visible except all the turkey buzzards, and there are plenty of them.












And, back home, where I fond out you have to pay $3 just to get back into.  Where does all my tax money go?  And, man, you should see the brand new rest areas they've built.  I would've taken pictures of them but I didn't want to be the focus of other people's blogs as the "guy casing the rest areas", cause what if they get bombed?  Your truly ends up front page.  

It was a good trip, good time seeing the country, and realizing how much I like mountains.  it was also a good experience meeting other pastors within the denomination.  Its very easy to forget that there are others out there of the UB persuasion.  

If you're dying to see who else was in my class, go here:
You'll notice my credentials, or course.  I wonder how they found out about this blog...?  Maybe I'm more famous than I thought.  

No comments: