Monday, June 9

After the Death of Moses

Josh 1:1-9

I come to you, Father, after a mixed up night of troubled sleep.  Why am I so afraid?  Because I've made mistakes, some really bad decisions, and my past still haunts me.  I'm afraid of my past, its darkness and turbulence, all because I've made some bad choices.  "Long laments and past regrets they find me somehow."  And I ask, Father, what am I supposed to do about it now?
I crawl into Your arms a d rest.  And I weep and fret into Your arm.  I was resolved once to live a lifestyle away from You.  How foolish I was, to hear your voice and to turn away.  
And here I am, lamenting that foolish decision to walk away and fretting about its consequences long after turning to You.  
'There's no condemnation for those found in Christ Jesus."

But what about the kind I bring on myself?

Here is my hope, that as I focus more on You and Your Word, I'll be less focused on myself and more upon You.  I find salvation in You each morning.  Each morning my hope is renewed.  All for Your name and glory, Father, help me to serve You.  Give me opportunities and words - fill me with praise each morning as I meditate on Your words.  I can not imagine the depths of Your love, but plunge me deep, Father.

No comments: