Friday, March 28

Well, Lent and Easter have come and gone almost by a week now, and I am amazed at all that God continues to teach me. Mostly because I'm so sure about all the stuff all the stuff I already know. But there is so much he has for me to grasp. And I seek it, knowing in the knowledge that as I seek hard after Him, He is there to be found.

I made it through another Lent soda-free. I did drink a lot more tea than perhaps I should have, but no soda. None at all. Though I know that giving up soda was something I did for a point (I'm way too dependant on it), I see clearly know what I did not 40 some odd days ago.I was looking for the wrong kind of brokenness. I saw something that was controlling an aspect fo my life, and I withheld it from myself in order to get out of its control, but I know I gave up the wrong thing. And I know, now, that what I sought God has shown me that I already possess.
But He has revealed something I did not understand.

I really need to live for Him more and more consciously. It is not about making the right decisions, it is dwelling in Him, and remaining in prayer. It is the acknowledgement that I have indeed been crucified with Christ, and that I no longer live. It is remaining in Him. It is not seeking absolution, it is living in it.

No comments: