Tuesday, March 25

My broken teeth

For the past three nights, at least, I keep having this dream that all of my teeth are falling out. And not just "plop", there goes another one! More like they are slowly rotting and bits and chunks of them fall out at a time.

This is my nightmare.

Falling, getting eaten, being chased... none of these matter much to me in my sleep as compared to those where I lose my teeth. Its horrible. I see it happening and I can feel it happening, and all I do is try not to cry... I just keep thinking about how much I brush and floss and use Listerine... and it avails me nothing. Thinking about all I've done to prevent this comes to nothing. All I'm left with is a mouth of broken and bloody teeth.

If I were a greater man I would probably measure walls in my dreams, or see stars or ears of corn, and my nightmares my consist of dragons trying to eat women about to give birth (but as Buchwalter has taught me, that was no dream)... but even in my sleep my insecurities are ever present.

No comments: