Thursday, September 6

Never again

Never again will I curse the ground because of human beings, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.
Gen. 8:21

My heart is is not a lonely hunter. It tis full of the company it keeps - lust, envy, hatred, and the thoughts and images in my head. I give them limited reign and measure. I want them to be gone.
The thorns that twist in my side are nott even my present wants. They are desires ill-begotten from my past and all the remainders lingering in the recesses of my mind.
I ask for help to look to the future and see my present glory.

Shortly after, God promises not to destroy the earth again, He pronounces His establishment of the seasons; the earth's cycles. And this is important. I believe that the establishment of the cycles is the beginning for us to understand the constancy of God despite us. His never-ending care for us is through the many cycles of the land and within our own lives. Have I not winters and summers? God ordained.
God's sovereignty is tied up with His care and constancy in our lives.

No comments: