Friday, June 26

Reasons I don't read the news

Here are some of the reasons I don't read the news, in ascending order, backwards:

7) Is any of this actual news? Some of these stories are no more than shocking family dramas, which are no more than gossip, really.

6) I'm not addicted, but I am. I feel drawn to it, to find out about things that preety much don't concern me.

5) I do enjoy reading the comics, but I can do that online.


4) After I read the news, I'm not happy that I did it, or do I feel that I spent my time doing something worthwhile.

3) Print is dead.

2) Is any of this really worth my attention? Pop and fuzz show the state of the culture, and though I am apart of it, I am somewhat removed. Is any of this worth my attention?

1) The world is fallen and as much as I am aware of it, being barraged by the beatings and death of children just makes me want to flee it and cry for it more than I think I can bear.

So, I'll stop reading the "news", and "Come quickly, Lord".

No comments: