Thursday, June 4

The Law is in my way....

Deut 6:4-9

Does the law get in my way? Is it in my focus? This thing of great value, spoken from the lips of the Father, in order to establish His ways in our wayward hearts. To challenge us, and to reveal how far we are from Him. This is no small or trivial thing.

How else can we know God? Can we even know our Saviour, let alone our need, without such a thing?

The Law must be in my focus. Knowing the person and nature of God must be my focus, must hold my attention. To make Him known, I must know Him. To have His heart, I must know His heart.

By knowing Him, I will be changed. How can I not? And from this change I will be effective in His work - as a minister, as a parent, as a man trying to be who and where my Father needs me to be - to the good and glory of God.

No comments: