Wednesday, July 23

Mercy and Kindness

"Let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for his mercy is great; 
but let me not fall into the hand of man."
-2 Samuel 24:24

To have and to practice the forgiveness of God, to be able to display such mercy against those who have wronged me, what a better witness to the changed life under the Lordship of Christ can there be?  It is so against out nature to forgive, and it is perhaps so against out culture which hides under the auspices of a forgetful mind, allowing everything to just pass over as if it is not a big deal.  Or sometimes making the most of such a situation by lording it over how much we've been wronged or how much wrong we've forgotten?  
Help me, Father, to be the living example You need, no matter how counter the world it may make me.  Your love endures forever and Your grace knows no end!  Help me to show Your people what this means, and demonstrate to others so they may see Your glory!  Teach me to be forgiving, as You forgive, as You have forgiven me so much.

No comments: