Sunday, July 20

Ch ch ch ch changes!



I'm really not sure when I met Emily.  I know that I met her through my sister, Kyleigh.  I know that when we were together we had a good time.  I really started to hang out with her when we were both at HACC.  I really got to know her when I started my Bible Study... we actually met for the first time on her birthday!  Kyleigh and Debbie made this ridiculous cake with a bear on it... we met at Denny's, the one that doesn't exist anymore in Union Deposit.  
I started the Bible Study because I knew that I needed to surround myself with other Christians, I needed a community to grow in... I think for all of us it was what we needed.  When others stopped coming, or their interests changed or fell away, Emily was always a constant.  I could always count on her solid insights, and well, all the heart that she brought to the study.  
We were together weekly for quite a while... almost 5 years!  incredible when you think about it.  When Heather ended up living with her and another friend at Millersville I saw her even more.  
And then she left for bigger things and more schooling in St. Louis, MO.  Weird.  Someone that I could always count on was miles away.  Half a continent away.  Forever away.  And then she started seeing this guy, and now they've gotten married... so I guess she'll stay forever away in St. Louis.  A good thing, no doubt.
More so, I can not help but think that God had provided us for each other, all of us, for a season.  And He knows best, and He knows summers, falls, winters, and springs.  It was such a great thing for Heather and I to go out and to see her on the day we all prayed for and about for so long.  God has brought her a husband that will help her and be the man she so longed for in her life.  And we were there to see him, his family, and all of their friends.  
What a blessing to be a witness to all of this, to see where God has brought all of us through and into.  How much our lives have changed since that first meeting at Denny's!  How much He has blessed us because of our commitment to seek Him, to love Him, and to follow Him no matter where He leads!  
'Cause who knows where that will be?  Harrisburg, St. Louis, and beyond!



No comments: