Friday, August 24

Funerals and myself

In general, funerals are not my thing. I'd prefer to do without them. Mine included, of course. Not that I fear death. I look forward to it the way you look forward to finishing a really good book. Or for my friends that don't read, the way you look forward to the commercial being over and getting back to the show you really wanted to see. I guess I do kinda see my life as one big commercial or another. I wear enough brand name stuff.. but thats an aside.
The big reason I don't like funerals is having to hear someone wax philosophic on things they are not sure about. I'm sure I'll do the same when I am in full-time ministry overseeing such events, so pardon the black kettle staring at you for a moment. But, you see, I'm a doodler and a writer, so what happens, not just at funerals but a lot of the time in life or in the pew, or in my car, I'll hear somethign and I'll start writing my oen thoughts and their thoughts about the subject. This is somewhat therapeutic, but tis also annoying. I did not come to the funeral to think about myslef and why I'm ritgh in my head. I came to say good-bye. Or in Grace's case, see ya later


PS...
if you like Travis, and I'm not sure there are many who know who they are besides the raining on my head song, they're new album ain't half bad. .

Currently listening :
The Boy with No Name
By Travis
Release date: 08 May, 2007

No comments: