Monday, August 6

First Work Day

Today was our first work day and work we did. I was so hot I actually took my shirt off, and I never take my shirt off.
Bible School was a little out of control. Things went as planned, but they also went drastically wrong. Everyone did a great job, though. I would be nothing but a really stupid man going very crazy if it weren't for the people around me. Especially Jamie, Jordan, and Lisa. They have definitely helped me a lot.
I met the kids next door today. They live in this shack that is really just hovering above the water. They are great kids, and are so willing to make friends with us. One of the boys, whom I call Johnny Chocolatay, helped me sort through some of the stones we needed for the wall. Then we searched under his house for turtles (tortuga). He showed me a snail that he found. It was gigantic.
I met sons of doctors and sons of the fathers who left, and am amazed. They live right next door to each other.


. . . - - - . . .

Looking northward

Again, this morning, I sit in the cantina looking over the beach northward. Somewhere north of here my wife is up. Maybe she's enjoying my cards. Maybe she's tired of being alone with the girls. In any situation I hope she realises, and knows, that I love her.

No comments: