Saturday, August 2

Henri Nouwen is a smart smart guy


"At every moment you have to decide to trust the voice that says, 
'I love you.  I knit you together in your mother's womb'."
~Henri Nouwen


As of this afternoon, I have been married for 5 years.  Yep, the five big ones.  Its incredible and amazing.  Also amazing, I think, is that on my wedding day I started to write in my third journal.  I thought that it was symbolic of my new life with Heather and my new adventure with God.  Well, as of tomorrow I will have filled my fourth journal to the brim and need to start a new one.  Its amazing, looking over the pages I have scrawled in just who I am now in Christ.  He has brought me so far, and in so many ways further with Heather than I could ever have gone alone in my walk.  
She is such a blessing to me and I am reminded daily of how much she cares for me.  After 5 years, I still see that beautiful shape that greeted me after the long procession to the altar.  I am overwhelmed by all that she is to me and would imagine my life lacking had I not known her.  
And so the Henri Nouwen quote.  It took me a while to trust God and to follow Him, even into dating Heather.  There were so many things going on in my head.. but to let go and to trust Him, the one who made me, knows me so well, and loves me despite.  So ever thankful.

No comments: