Monday, February 18

Two totally unrelated events

This last week, I had no idea what to do for small group.  I thought about just going through a Psalm, or maybe part of a book, or a chapter/page from a devotional, but really was lacking the initiative to do any of those.  I asked Brent and Crystal, to members of our group if they had any ideas, and if they thought of a couple if they could just let me know.

Well, Brent just so happened to have a copy of Most.  If you have the chance to watch this 30 min long "modern-day parable", please do.  I was lying on the McClintock's floor crying as I was reminded once again about our total lack of understanding of the power and the glory of the Cross.  In the words of Stanley Grenz, all we can do when confronted by it, is just to stand in awe.  That overwhelming feeling that maybe your life matters, and maybe you shouldn't let yourself get in the way.  

Lent, what an amazing time.  This time of year reminds me of what CS Lewis called the Deep Magic, its inexplicable, its a hunger that somehow has to be appeased.  So, you have to give it your all.  And you do it not because it is required, for the requirement has been met.  You give and you give because what else can you do in response to it?  


And on a totally unrelated topic, and I hope this does not detract from anything I put into what was written above...
SO, I have class tonight at Messiah on the fourth floor.  Which may not mean anything except I think the person in the middle Men's room stall probably didn't think anyone would bother him.  So he had no problem singing along to what ever music device he was listening to (I wasn't really looking to see if it was an iPod, or a discman, or a Zune).  And by singing, I mean singing.  Belting out some song, that was definitely of the Taking Back Sunday variety.  But I definitely caught him off guard.  I thought about just hanging out by the door to see if he would resume after I had left.

No comments: