Monday, April 6

I am so unbiased I won't mention Jesus once

I think it is laughable that anyone can consider anyone unbiased. The idea that CNN or MSNBC or FoxNews or NPR can claim to have the most level, straight forward news broadcasting makes me wonder who is still falling for this?

I just read a comment on Facebook where someone is questiong the NPR broadcast becuase it mentions Jesus and on that basis questions NPR's neutrality. So, NPR can mention anything except Jesus and still remain unbiased? Or are they already heading down that slope by not mentioning Jesus or Mohammed or Obama's expense plans or their pseudo-commercials for those businesses who support thwm financially?

I find it better to be plain about these things... I am biased, and there's no getting around it. Its not the bias that's the problem, but the refusal to acknowledge that you are biased. It's not the ground you stand on, but your problem to admit it's there. And here it goes: I'm all kinds of biased. I prefer anything to Strawberries or bananas. I do not like watching baseball unless I'm at the park. I root for Gonzaga because with a name like that who wouldn't. I love my wife more than anyone else, and yes my girls will always beat out anyone else's kids in areas of looks and awesomeness. And I am a follower of Jesus Christ, so I'm liable to live my life a certain way, no different in thought than the best Hindu, Muslem, or agnostic.

No comments: