Monday, March 16

Please consider the environment

I was at Borders yesterday which is always good, for those of us the read. I was checking out when I noticed the sign beneath my hands: "Please consider the environment before asking for a bag for your purchase". Of course, my mind did not go where I think they thought it was going to go. My brain did not go green. Instead, I thought about all the things that Borders sells and I went through a mental list... what does Borders sell that could be considered offensive to children and old women of the prudish order? I guess there are some sections where the aisle looks empty because those who peruse such books take them to other parts of the store. Along the window there are some magazines that perhaps no one should look at... and some of those are art magazines. And there's Maxim, which perhaps stands alone.
I looked at the lady, I think here name was Sherry, and asked, "What are you guys selling here that you need to cover up? Do you have paper bags now?"
She looked puzzled. Her brows got kinda of knit together.

Then I got it. Then I was thinking green.

1 Cor 1:18

No comments: