Friday, November 14

Here is the problem with being a sub...

Here is the problem with being a substitue teacher at times: they think of themselves (the students) as my peers. They do not respect the teacher, and I am a somewhere less. A day like today does everything it can to convince me that this is a fallen world and it is hurtling ever faster, ever further, down.

But my Father does not comfort me. Instead He leads me to the cross, where His heart is and I am broken even more. I am not sad at the plight of the world, but depressed that I appear ineffective and hopeless. What can I possibly do? What could I possibly say? How self-centered am I that this is what I care about?

To hear them talk - how they do not want anything to do with any religion - that they're OK. They refer to it as fairytale. They deman fairness, but its really a mask for their own selfishness.

This is the world I enter into 5 days of the week. This is my life and days like today just make me weep inside. How strong am I? How much mroe can I take?

What is the extent of my patience?

What is the extent of my love for these kids?

No comments: