Thursday, October 2

felt so alien

I never feel so alien to this world as when I read the newspaper.  Its just appalling and amazing how terrible, how full of terror, this world is.  And how foreign it is to me.  How could it be that it seems so few recognize the effects of sin?  How can the world , those outside of Christ, not feel this immeasurable weight and not see that they cannot be the solution?  Our dirty hands can not in anyway help wash one another's.  
The great problem of Christianity is that sin is inescapable, and that we can recognize it so readily.  Its the elephant in the room.  Its the sunspot in our eye.  I didn't have this problem before I was a Christian.  And as a sign of maturing faith, I can recognize my alien-ish feelings as my longing to go home.  But I am here, sometimes with a broken heart, wondering and longing for others to see what I see.  

No comments: