Thursday, May 22

at the age of 29....

At the age of 29, I have my first two grey hairs. What in the world! And they're long, meaning that they have matriculated in with the rest of the growth. I have never imagined myself getting grey hairs. I knew it would happen, but I thought I'd just wake-up one morning and I'd have a distiguished grey head, showing age and wisdom. Instead, I feel as though I've been duped. As though I've been snuck upon in the midst of life and I was too busy to notice I'm almost 30! Hanging out with youth all day, I tend to forget this.

Woe, what a sobering reminder these two strands of white are.

I have not pulled them for fear they may multiply.

I have named them, though: Tithonus and Eos. But If I get more, I may have a whole pantheon on my head.

No comments: