Saturday, April 19

When was kite flying ever cool?



So, today we had the small family shin-dig for Brieanna's and mine birthday.  Small, family gathering, and a good time.  My family is great.  We get a long, and we're very sarcastic... playful.  Nothing ever mean-spirited, and usually in good taste.  We're a very clever people, full of wit and we're well read, so our thoughts are never original, but so easily placed.  I think we're fun.  
Well, today was a good day, as earlie
r mentioned.  I've been under the weather lately, and I've been incredibly tired.  But the weather was beautiful and Heather and I walked up to my parent's house with the girls.  Beautiful day.

So we flew a kite.


It was Claire's first kite.  Lily's, too, but Claire seemed much more into it.  And by much more into it, I mean, one lasted one minute more than the other.  Altogether, though, there was only about 5 minutes of kite flying involving the girls.  I spent a majority of the time flying it myself and hanging out with a friend of Brieanna's who, now in her 20's, had never flown a kite before.  I don;t know why, but I thought the girls would be more into it.  I was more into it when I was  kid.  I loved it.  But it just did not hold their attention.  

Not at all.

Has kite-flying become post-cool?  Or are my kids just not old enough?
They're certainly cool enough, so it must be the kites.

Of course, the whole thing ended with a whipped-creme fight between Brieanna and I so, like I said, this just shows, we are fun people.

No comments: