Saturday, October 27

Today could be the last day I walk



Tomorrow, I run the Marine Corps Marathon and my insides are feeling it. My body feels fine, but it also feels like the container of Mercury... there is something inside that is just busting to get out. I've trained and have done ok. I just want to finish. Finishing well would be great, but I have this fear of not finishing that only seems to be compounded by those I meet.

"You're running HOW far?"
"I would never do that."
"For FUN?"

Well, by this time on monday, I will probably be sore. I'm expecting it. But I will have done something I have never done before.

So, as you go to church on sunday, say a small prayer for me and the Devonshire Crew, and everyone else running. Or a big prayer... If Catholic, which I know one of you is, please light a candle. Or two. Or one for each joint and limb of my body.

No comments: