Monday, July 30

God Save Thee

"God save thee, ancient Mariner!
From the fiends, that plague thee thus! -
Why look'st thou so?" - "With my cross-bow
I shot the albatross."

~The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
S. T. Coleridge


What good intentions I have. They seem so worthy and admirable. I've got great plans to make my wife feel loved, to help the world feel Christ's love, to put myself to good use. But with the best intentions I find myself doing none.
I'm leaving for Honduras in a couple of days, and I'm praying that God uses me to His glory. When I leave that town, I don't care if they remember me, but I want them, desperatley, to remember the good news we bring. I leave my intentions at the gates of the airport in Philly and allow myself to be used for the plans of My Father who knows infinitely better than me.

Currently reading :
Les Misérables (Signet Classics)
By Victor Hugo
Release date: 03 March, 1987

No comments: